Stuffed Brinjal is one of the delicious recipes liked by everyone. Brinjal curry goes well with chapathi, roti and rice.My husband loves Brinjal very much. I have seen in cookery shows making Baingan ka Bharta but never tried at home.
Long time back I got this stuffed curry recipe from one of my friend who is good at cooking. Now I got the time to experiment and it came well.
- Violet small Brinjal – 5 or 6
- Garlic – 4 Nos
- Salt to taste
- To dry roast and grind:
- peanuts – 1 tsp
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chillies – 4
- Oil for seasoning
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Chopped Big Onion – 1
- Chopped Tomato – 1
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Tamarind Extract – 3 tsp
- In a pan dry roast peanuts , coriander seeds and red chillies.
- Allow them to cool down and put it in a mixie jar.
- Add garlic and salt and no need to add water.
- Grind them as a coarse paste and keep it aside.
- Clean and slit cut the brinjals halfway into four.
- Stuff the ground masala in the brinjals as shown in the picture.
- Heat a pan with oil and add the ingredients said above in To Temper section.
- Finally add the stuffed brinjals and cook in low flame for 10 min.
- Flip flop the brinjals slowly and cook for 5 more min.
- Do not cook in high flame as the masala might got burnt.
Serve hot with rice, chapathi/roti.