After a short break, I have come up with a spl recipe Spinach Paratha. Spinach is also known as Palak in Hindi and Pasalai keerai Tamil. Paratha is a very common dish in India especially in Punjab,where they use a lot of ghee to fry them. Spinach Paratha is a healthy recipe can be prepared as morning breakfast.
Kids likes particularly tasty dishes. Some children often hate spinach. For those kids, this paratha would be interesting and delicious recipe. I used to prepare Aloo Paratha (would post in future) at home as my kids likes potato recipes very much.
Coming to its health benefits spinach leaves helps in weight reduction as it is low in calories and fat. It is rich in vitamin K which is vital for maintaining bone health.Another lesser known benefit of spinach is its role in skin care.The bounty of vitamins and minerals contains in spinach gives us to improve complexion.
- Spinach – 1 bunch
- wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
- Oil – as required
- wash the spinach leaves and drain the water.
- Cook the leaves in a medium flame by sprinkling water over on it .
- Allow it to cool for sometimes.
- Now grind the cooked leaves into a smooth paste.
- Now take some wheat flour, add pinch of salt, asafoetida, little oil, and cumin seeds.
- Finally add spinach puree.
- Add some water if required to knead a dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and roll them to render a round shape as a roti or chapathi.
- Put on the pan and roast from both the sides.
Spinach paratha is ready to serve with yougurt /pickle.