Pickles hmm yummy. Who does not like pickles? It’s been long time I made pickle at home.Summer has started and hope everyone in India are busy in making Vathal, Vadam and pickles.
Last week one of my friend who hails from Andhra Pradhesh visited my house. She taught me how to prepare this tomato Pickle (Andhra Style) at my home. This is a very easy preparation of recipe which can be used as side dish for Idli, Dosa, Chapathi, Bread, any variety rices.
- Ripened tomatoes – 6
- Tamarind – Pea size
- Sesame Oil – 200 ml
- Mustard Seeds -1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic chopped – 1 Pod
- Hing – A pinch
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Raw Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt to taste
- Wash the tomatoes well and cut into small pieces.
- Heat a pan. Add the chopped tomatoes and tamarind together.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook well.
- Keep a stove in medium flame and let it to be cooked.
- Do not add water. Let the tomatoes gradually gets cooked with its own water.
- Check often by stirring. Once it gets mashed switch off the stove and allow it to cool down.
- Now heat an another pan with sesame oil , add all the ingredients which I mentioned in ‘For Seasoning’ Section.
- Allow the mixture to cool down for 5 min.
- After 5 min , add the mashed tomatoes to this seasoned mixture and stir well.
- Store in a air tight jar and keep refrigerated.
Note : If handled well it comes for a month.