Wishing all my readers ‘Happy Ganesh Chathurthi 2017’.
Lord Ganesha’s Birthday is celebrated as Ganesh Chathurthi all over India. It is believed that Lord Ganesha loves to eat Ladoos and Modak. Festivals mean sweets comes in our mind.
Generally during festive season ladoos are made and served as prasadham for God. Besan Ladoo is one of the popular and rich dessert can be offered to God. It is one of the best traditonal Indian sweets for any occasion. Let us see how to make the Besan Ladoo easily at home.
- Besan/Gram Flour – 150 gm
- Ghee – 150 gm
- Powdered Brown sugar – 150 gm
- Cardamom – 5
- Cashewnuts for garnish
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add gram flour and mix well.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon or spatula continuously for 10 minutes.
- Keep the stove in low flame otherwise it would get burnt.
- Once we get an aromatic smell and the besan colour changes switch off the stove.
- Allow the mixture to cool down completely.
- In a blender add the brown sugar, cardamom and and grind into fine powder.
- Once the mixture completely cools down ,add the powdered sugar. Do not add sugar when the mixture is too hot.
- Mix well and make a dough as shown in pic.
- Take a small portion of dough and make round Ladoos.
Garnish with Cashews and store it in an air tight container.