Mint/Pudhina is a vesatile herb that can easily grows in our home. It is a natural anti-microbial agent and breath freshener. Mint can be grown by taking a cutting from a pre existing mint plant.
No need to worry about the space for this herb to grow. We can grow it in a pot or in grow bags. Mint is a fast-spreading plant and is perfect for garden beginners.
I bought a bunch of Mint for making Biriyani. Then I selected a thick fresh stem.
I planted it in a big pot and our Mint grows well and we have 3 pots of mint at the moment.
Some of the tips to plant:
- Use a 12-to-16-inch wide pot for one plant.
- If you are buying a plant from nursery, buy Spearmint variety which is useful for cooking.
- Fill the pot with potting mix/good soil. I use our own organic compost for all the plants which was prepared at our home.
- Wet the soil by spraying water.
- Plant the stem just below the soil. If planting more stems, plant them 6 inches apart.
- Mint needs adequate sunlight. So if you keep your pot indoors make sure it gets enough sunlight.
- Water it frequently and do not make the pot to dry.