Wishing all my readers and friends a happy and safe Deepavali/Diwali !!!!!!!
Phew ! Diwali without sweets ? Never Ever 🙂
Badam Halwa is a rich dessert among all the sweets. Eating 2 or 3 Almonds everyday is good for your health. In most restaurants Badam Halwa is the fastest selling dessert. It is one of the most heavy Indian Sweets prepared for all festive seasons.
This Halwa is made from 100% blanched and peeled Almonds. We only need 4 ingredients to prepare Badam Halwa but it tastes heavenly. We can also make Burfi with almonds.
I have added red food colour (optional) . Some do not like to add food colour . Don’t worry, you can add saffron instead of food colour. I ran out of saffron so I’ve added food colour.
- Blanched Almonds – 200gm
- Milk – 200 ml
- Cane Sugar – 200gm
- Ghee – 50 gm
- Food colour Red – A pinch
- Soak the almonds in water overnight and peel the skin next day morning or you can use hot water for instant use.
- Grind almonds and milk together as a coarse paste. No need to grind too smooth.
- Use a Non stick pan to get better result. Melt ghee in a pan and add ground Badam and milk mixture.
- Keep the flame in medium through-out the preparation.
- Once it starts thickening add sugar. It will loosen the mixture now.
- Stir continuously on low fame and add some ghee.
- In one stage the the mixture gets thicken and the ghee will start to seperate from the Halwa.
- Now add a pinch of red colour or any food colour you want and stir well.
- Once you notice the badam halwa coming away from the sides of the pan, turn off the heat.
- Transfer the halwa into a serving bowl.
Enjoy the dessert and happy cooking!!!!